(In 15 easy steps!)
1. The first step in becoming a normal, bland, and spineless individual is very simple. Never think. About anything. Ever. If you have a thought, let it go. Let someone else think for you. Thinking is hard. Let someone else do it. Save your little conformist brain cells for something less difficult.
2. Now let's talk about music. You like unique music? Not anymore! You get to listen to the same generic, repetitive sound that everyone else does. You know, that one beat over and over with the words "Yeah", "baby" and "ooh" being repeated. Lucky you!
3. To be normal, you've gotta dress normal. If you're a girl, that means you wear leggings as pants and cut up your t-shirts so they just barely cover your chest. Uggs are a must, for any time of the year, including midsummer. If you're a guy, you wear the hem of your pants on the back of your knees. Overly violent band t-shirts for bands that you only know one song for is highly recommended. Jerseys and shorts are the number one choice for extremely cold weather.
4. Now that you're dressed like the little snowflake you are, it's time to talk about relationships with your parents! The next time they ask you to perform a non time-consuming chore or a small favour, be sure to throw a complete tantrum in the kitchen. Tell them how much you hate them and how they don't accept your individuality, as they can see by your intuition in fashion. Be sure to include that they don't love you and that they wish you were never born. Follow this by running to your room and slamming your door off its hinges. If they attempt to speak to you at any time after this, lay face down on your bed and scream at them through your pillow. Scream about how no one loves you and let your excessive eye makeup run down your face, too.
5. To ensure that you're everyone's favourite person in the morning, don't ever sleep. It's recommended that you should stay up all night on Facebook chat, having the exact same conversation with nine different people. It should be going something like this:
"FRIEND": nm, u
"FRIEND": im bored
"FRIEND": wat r u doin
YOU: nothing u
And should continue this way until the wee hours in the morning. During this time, no homework should be done, and only caffeine and sugar filled foods should be consumed.
6. If someone offers you an alcoholic drink, TAKE IT. CHUG IT DOWN. YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LOOK LIKE A LOSER WHO DOESN'T DRINK. YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT. DRINK IT. DRINK IIIIIIIIIIT.
7. Speaking of your amazing friends that are so nice to you and you to them, you must remain in contact with them at all times. They have to know everything that's happening in your life, just like you need to know theirs. Every time you start and finish a meal, update your Facebook status. Each time you borrow your mom's car to drive to someone's house to do nothing but sit on their couch for three hours, you should tweet when you left, while you drive there, when you get there, while you're there, when you leave, on your way home, and when you get home. Your phone must be in your hand, or within five inches of it at all times. You can't afford to not have it. What if you miss an important tweet? Your friend could be eating a cheeseburger and you won't know about it! YOU NEED THAT PHONE. Treat it like your child. No, treat it BETTER than your child, which you'll likely have in the next two years.
**Important Note: Don't forget to do it while you drive!
8. Go beat up/ridicule a gay kid. Even a kid you think is gay and really isn't. Assume that every guy in the school play and any girl not dressing like a slut is gay.
9. You must use these words/phrases a minimum of five times per minute:
- 'Um' or 'Uh'
- 'I know, right?!'
- A swear of some kind
- 'THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!'
- A misinterpretation of the word 'Irony'
(And for those familiar with internet vernacular)
- 'Derp' and/or 'Herp'
- 'WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN'
- Sentences that begin with 'Y U NO'
- 'UR GAY'
10. No matter how pretty, thin, and beautiful your outward appearance is, you must always dismiss yourself as "ugly", "disgusting", "hideous", etc.
11. Interpret EVERYTHING you see and hear as sexual.
12. You should ALWAYS expect sympathy from others no matter WHAT you do. Expect that your friends will cry and hug you when you tell them about that tragic weekend your mom took your phone away, ALL because you were caught driving drunk and having sex.
13. The only words you read should come from a TV, a computer screen, or your phone. Reading is for losers who don't have friends to text.
14. If you are doing poorly in any class, expect that the teacher secretly hates you. They really, really hate you. Even though you're doing awesome in that class, they give you bad grades because they are secretly trying to destroy you, and keep from you getting into the party school you want to go too, even though mommy and daddy will buy your way in there anyway. It's NEVER your fault. That teacher WANTS to see you crash and burn. Don't forget to say that to their face and to complain to all of your friends!
15. What's that? SOMEONE IS ACTING DIFFERENTLY FROM YOU! They are assaulting your individuality with individuality of their own! They don't listen to the music you do! They're a girl, and you can't even see their bra straps! How can she hope to be respected when she's not even a d-cup?! They're a guy and you can't even see their boxers! The smell of Axe body spray isn't activating your gag reflex! You know what you must do? ATTACK! DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY! How dare they act more intelligent and insightful than you, even though they are! DESTROY THEM PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY! What's this?! THEY'RE GAY TOO? NO! THAT GOES AGAINST THE RELIGION YOU SAY YOU FOLLOW BUT REALLY DON'T! NOOOOOOO!*explode*
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE NOW A COMPLETELY NORMAL TEEN.
Go cry now.
Understand that I can't keep up with the comments...don't be offended if I don't reply.
By popular demand...
Here is my final project for Writers Workshop, and wouldja believe that it's actually WRITING? *gasp*
I made this a journal entry, and many wanted to be able to favourite it. WELL, HERE IT BE!
LOVE IT. HATE IT. I DON'T CARE.
DO NOT FEAR THE SARCASM.
Note: Thanks to everyone whose being real understanding and nice about this. For the people who are being dicks about it...You know, I don't really care. Just understand that this is mostly sarcasm and bit self reflective.
Another Note: To the people who are persistent in their trolling of this, please stop reading so deep into it. I do not claim to be "better" than anyone else, as most teenagers are guilty of...being teenagers. "Normal", used here, is a completely loose term that refers to the douchebags who take their teenage years to this extreme. A true "Normal" person has thoughts and feelings of their own, is not swayed completely by the will of society and everyone around them, and can look at this list and know that it's nothing to be taken seriously. So everyone, please calm the hell down.
P.S. Nowhere in here did I claim that this is the greatest thing ever written. I understand that sarcasm is not the best way to say something, and can be a poor show of wit. Do me a HUGE favour, and get over it.
Anyway! I like this! This proves i am not normal!
I'm not crazy either my mother got me tested
It is quite surprising that a lot of people do act like this! That in a way is something to laugh about.
I simply love how it is well written and stated, so congratulations on having a popular story. It is
the worst, but best thing I've read about teenagers. ^-^
WHTA IS WRONG WITH ME.
No matter how cliche that saying is,
It's still true
What is normal really?
In the words of Morticia Addams
"Normal is an illusion.
What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly"
Just because they don't have abilities that would mark them as special, that doesn't make them normal.
The next time you think some one is just a normal person,
Think about how you and your friends have hobbies.
Don't you think they have some that are different from yours?
Don't you ever wonder what it's like to see through their eyes?
To live their life?
I am not here to say I don't like what you wrote.
I'm just saying that nobody is normal
There is only a large amount of people with the same preferences
And those who chose to walk the path less taken
(Sorry about my rant. I just have to let my inner philosopher out once in a while y'know? Hehehe XD )
--20 Ways To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity--
1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.
2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.
3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries with that.
4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It "In."
5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks. Once Everyone has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.
6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write "For Smuggling Diamonds"
7. Finish All Your sentences with "In Accordance With The Prophecy."
8 Don't use any punctuation
9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.
10. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.
11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is "To Go."
12. Sing Along At The Opera.
13. Go To A Poetry Recital And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme
14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And Play tropical Sounds All Day.
15. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their Party Because You Have A Headache.
16. Have Your Co-workers Address You By Your Wrestling Name, Rock Bottom.
17. When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream "I Won!, I Won!"
18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking lot, Yelling "Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!"
19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner. "Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go."
20. And The Final Way To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity... Copy and Paste this into your profile!! (Whee, insanity is FUN)
That's my entire school right there.
This piece of writing made my day. Thank you for convincing me that when I'm surrounded by "normal" people I'm not the unintelligent one.
I thought artists are more or less required to be inviduals.
(Let's say I consider everyone in our community artist.)
Popularity is so overrated
Speaking of which... www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfyE1T…
Half the kids I know are on Facebook, Instagram, have a phone, Ipod, IPad, etc. etc. We're in fifth grade. I don't have any of those (thank God) but I've been trying to install an app player JUST TO SEE WHY EVERYONE LOVES INSTAGRAM SO FRIGGIN' MUCH.
I admit I'm guilty of 5 (on deviantART and the "Accelerated Learning Activities Program" website for school) and 9 most of the time but I have a book surgically attached to my hand, Three Days Grace and Evanescence are 50x better than any of the other shit played today, and did I mention I'm only allowed to use internet on weekends? (Even though I break that rule all the time?)
Not trying to brag, but everyone always asks, "Hey! How do you get such high grades?" Hmmm, I don't know, maybe because I'M NOT A FREAKING ZOMBIE.
The girl next to me in class didn't bring home a paper she got a D on because her "Mom would take her phone away."
I want to slam my head into my desk until I relieve my soul of this insanity.
And stuff like three days grace and evanescence are much better, at least they have meaning. Can I recommend a little screamo like bring me the horizon, Sleeping with sirens and pierce the veil? And there's some kids who invented a way of smoking without actually doing it. They're basically just inhaling candy. And people say to me '*GASP* YOU DON'T GO ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, ETC. DO YOU HAVE A SOUL?! ARE YOU HUMAN?! DO YOU HAVE FEELINGS?!' And I'm sitting there like t(;-;t . I don't have a phone, but I do have a kindle fire and some people are like 'Are you kidding me? This thing?' I got it for Christmas after my really old ipad broke. And kids are obsessed with this song #selfie. And I listened to it, then punched my computer screen because of how shitty and overrated it was. Zombies in the nineties were supposedly affected by radiation. Zombies now are affected by technology. No one understands what true feelings are anymore. What we call fun is the same as what we call being bored. And in the next year, even more kids will be using the social media. Not just Half.
And sincerely, a pissed off 7th grader
I must start photobombin' then. YES.
I've only heard "Hospital For Souls" which was pretty good.
The candy snorting idiots are on the same par as the soaking tampons in vodka idiots.
Me: Hey, wanna email me?
Girl: Email? Seriously?
Friend: She doesn't have a phone.
Selfie is stupid but I must admit it's super catchy. I hate myself.
I HATE BEING BORED. Most stuff today is dumb.
POKEMON BEATS ALL THE OTHER SHIT OUT THERE.